We here at Rosewood Dental Care take infection control very seriously, and would like to share with you the measures and steps we’ve taken to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff during this Covid-19 pandemic. Please know that we have always followed the standard safety guidelines set by OSHA even before COVID-19, and this includes properly disinfecting all surfaces and sterilizing all instruments, as well as the use of appropriate PPE (such as gloves and masks) to prevent cross-contamination.
In addition to the standard infection control practices we’ve always implemented in the past, we’ve added some new measures as a specific response to Covid-19:
- We are prescreening every patient before they enter the premise by taking their temperature and asking a series of Covid-19 related questions. We are also screening the staff on a daily basis.
- We are limiting the number of patients inside the practice and asking them to wear masks and to maintain social distancing, as well as providing hand sanitizer prior to entry.
- We are utilizing new extra-oral suction equipment to control the aerosols generated by certain procedures (such as cleanings).
- We fog every room after each patient with hypochlorous acid at 200ppm to disinfect any lingering aerosols.
- We have equipped our office with 2 Air Purifiers which contain Medical Grade H13 Filters (higher rated than true HEPA) at 99.97% particle removal covering 1000 sq ft per hour.
- We have also installed clear barriers for the front desk area and provide N95 masks, face-shields, and disposable gowns for all staff.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at (925) 251-9494. Please know the health and well-being of our patients and our staff is our #1 priority.
Drs. Leong, Owyang, Okumoto and the staff at Rosewood Dental Care